Accessibility Customer Service Plan Viscount Properties
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities.
Viscount Properties is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, elevator, entrance door, Viscount Properties will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternate facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on the wall at the front of the elevator or on the glass at the entrance of the building. Every effort will be made to contact a tenant with a disability in person.
Training for staff
Viscount Properties will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Office staff, building managers, cleaning staff, grounds staff and maintenance staff.
This training will be provided to staff within the first month of employment.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Viscount Properties’ plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Viscount Properties’ goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Viscount Properties provides good and services to people with disabilities can do so through our website, email email@example.com.
All feedback will be directed to the Property Manager. Customers can expect to hear back within 3 days.
Complaints will be address according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Viscount Properties that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified and removed.